Extreme muflon hunting in Croatia
Mouflon hunt is not just a taking trophy or at least it shouldn't be. This Mediterranean wild sheep can make your hunt extremely difficult and adventurous if you stalk in its natural environment. These days you can hunt them in enclosed grounds or inland, far away from the sea but to experience real mouflon hunt you have to climb rocks and cliffs above the sea, where every step can be fatal and where your shot must be the best one you can take despite your angle, distance or position. Comparing to other destinations where mouflon ram can be hunted Croatia is the most attractive according to SCI members.
- Good quality binoculars are essential!
- Rough terrain makes it extreme to hunt.
- For long range shooting I use Christensen Carbon 300WM, hand loaded Berger VLD 190gr bullets and one of the best riflescopes, Kahles K312.
- The rifle and turrets are set up for the distance of 650m.
- The ram is unaware of our presence at that distance giving us plenty of time to make decision about the trophy and shot.
- All the efforts were rewarded with this representative ram.
- It was very difficult stalk for our guest and friend. His knees and joints were shattered
- My camo Realtree pattern was better for this occasion. Oh yes, his trousers were ripped so his spare jeans helped for posing.